ArchivesBend WebCAM | Pixelsilk Blog
The Bend WebCAM conference, two weeks ago, was a success for everyone who attended. Networking at the Brew-Ha-Ha, lessons in , workshops in creativity and bagels from Rockin’ Daves all came together for an enjoyable two days.
The conference was created to expose designers tobest practices and marketers to the power of creating a brand image and voice. Individual session tracks catered to both disciplines: Geek (left brain) and Chic (right brain). Plus, there was a third session track, , which offered a combination of sessions. The inseparability of technology and creativity has never been timelier. And no other conference pulled these two disciplines together better than Bend’s WebCAM.
If you didn’t have the chance to attend WebCAM, you can still get a taste of the lectures and workshops that were presented via our online bloggers. Todd Mintz of PPC Associates, and Wendy Roe of Byron Roe Photography tweeted and blogged about two of the WebCAM tracks—giving you a chance to learn what you missed:
Todd Mintz, Shares the Geek Track
- Choosing Your Keyword Battles – of Stuntdubl, showed us how to do a proper cost to benefit analysis on keywords that will be most effective to our website.
- Double Your Paid Search ROI – of Audette Media, offered 9 steps to stop the insanity and increase profits on Google.
- Tools of the Trade – Scott Hendison of Search Commander & Taylor Pratt of Awesome SEO, gave advice on how SEO, PPC, and content marketing team can work together.
- One Site, Many Sizes – Hans Sprecher of G5, shares his secrets about creating one website to cater to different device types using a techniue called responsive design.
Wendy Roe, Shares the Super Freak Track
- Creative Research + Killer Briefs – Lynette Xanders of Wild Alchemy, provided ideas and skills to help you get into the right “zone” to write a killer creative brief.
- Local University Search and Social Workshop – David Mihm, Andre Jensen and Will Scott, offered their insights and perspectives on improving a company’s local and social media efforts.
- Opening Keynote: The Four Pillars of Building Instant Trust Online – Tim Ash, CEO of Site Tuners, talks about the 4 pillars of building trust online. Before people will act or transact, their concerns and anxieties must be alleviated.
- Facebook Don’ts – Will Scott of Search Influence, shares with us “what not to do” with Social Media. Will shares the good, the bad, and the ugly way businesses are engaging online.
- Online Reputation – Todd Friesen & Conrad Saam, teach us how to protect our brand online. Online reputation management is getting harder everyday. Follow these tips on cleaning up the mess and protecting your reputation.
- The Advent of Social Film: The Inside Experience with Jamie Robinson – Jaime Robinson, presents “The Inside Experience,” a social film project which drives successful audience participation in this unique Hollywood Thriller. Learn how to engage the audience, product placement, and how far viewers will go to become participants in the big picture.
Web and business professionals will be flocking to Bend, Oregon for the third annual Bend WebCAM Conference, September 29-30, 2011. The conference was created three years ago to expose designers to Internet marketing best practices and Internet marketers to the power of creating a brand image and voice. Considering the inseparability of technology and creativity in today’s business world, their vision was spot on.
This year’s agenda includes sixteen informative, idea-generating sessions and two killer keynotes that will discuss the latest and greatest strategies for search, social media and brand communications. Here’s more on the planned keynotes, sessions and why you don’t want to miss out.
Tim Ash and Rand Fishkin to Keynote
Tim Ash, President & CEO of SiteTuners, will offer the opening keynote on Friday, September 30 discussing, “The Four Pillars of Building Instant Trust Online.” Tim is best known for his e-commerce bestseller, Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions. Closing keynote, also on September 30, will be given by Rand Fishkin, Co-founder and CEO of SEOmoz, who will offer his perspective on “The Death and Rebirth of SEO.” Besides being CEO of the web’s most popular SEO software provider, Rand co-authored The Art of SEO and The Beginner’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization.
Other industry innovators and specialists will lead in-depth sessions catering to both Geek (left brain) and Chic (right brain) disciplines. Plus, there’s a third session track, Super Freak, which offers a combination of sessions.
All conference attendees are invited to the Brew-Ha-Ha, Thursday, September 29, from 5:30-8:00 p.m. at the Blacksmith restaurant for socializing and sampling of Bend’s finest beer.
In the world of the web, it’s a necessity that traditional branding principles and new marketing technologies such as search engine optimization and social media go hand in hand. The Bend WebCAM conference, sponsored by Pixelsilk, offered up an incredible dose of information on these topics – bringing marketing and brand to the forefront of online success. The ad/marketing and design community of Bend (and beyond) was the host and participants of this first-of-its-kind event.
Global caliber speakers including:
Adam Audette (@audette)
Dave Snyder (@davesnyder)
David Mihm (@davidmihm)
Chris Winfield (@chriswinfield)
Rhea Drysdale (@rhea)
Laura Lippay (@lauralippay)
Derrick Wheeler (@derrickwheeler)
Marshall Simmonds (@mdsimmonds)
Scott Polk (@scottpolk)
Todd Friesen (@oilman)
What did you miss? You missed:
- Jim Riswolds inspiring and controversial keynote on creating Hitler figurines. (Presentation Available)
- Rhea’s 101 guide to managing your brand in a world of social media. (Presentation Available)
- Each member of W+K 12’s journey and creative background to join W+K12 – and how they claimed they just never fit in.
- Dave Snyder and Scott Polk’s stellar presentation on the ever popular topic of L-I-N-K-S.
- Chris Winfield asking the Social Expert Panel about which social media profile is a necessity.
- Tim Girvin’s keynote about how everything we brand, every connection we make is basically about love.
- David Mihm’s expertise on getting found in local search, what every small business should be doing. (Presentation available)
- Adam Audette’s breakdown on social media leader and the best business social media case study – Zappos.com
- The ripping, shreading, fun and informative Hot Seat, where sites were critiqued in front of everyone (and they paid for that!)
- The Brew Ha Ha’s killer local beer sampler, hosted by The Blacksmith. Smoozing with the speakers 🙂
Pixelsilk’s Mark Knowles (@markknowles and @Pixelsilkcms) helped secure the lineup of search and social speakers for this hopefully annual event. Thank you to AdFed of Central Oregon, for producing the event as well as all of those that worked on and sponsored the Bend WebCAM.
Through one of the hotbeds of SEO – Bend, Oregon (see History of SEO), Pixelsilk was excited to announce the new SEO-Friendly CMS platform to our local community throughout this incredible event.